
Happy Easter! We had a great weekend with all of my family down from Idaho. It was certainly crazy trying to get this picture, but then again the whole day was crazy with trying to get 12 people ready and out the door to church. Then, of course, church its self was crazy (when is it not, right?) The cherry on top was the fact that Robert and I were asked to give the prayers. Let me set the stage... NONE of my children have learned to use their inside voice, not that the phrase is new to them but they only have one volume level and that is LOUD! Anyway, we did okay as Robert said the opening prayer- the usual "Daddy" comments and pointing, but by an hour in Sacrament Meeting they were like caged animals. Grace and Felicity are also going through a Mommy stage. So I stand up to walk to the front and screaching starts. By the time I made it to the front, we had two little girls in full on melt down stage. I'm busy trying to concentrate on what I'm saying all while hearing Grace and Felicity screaming, crying and yelling for me. Needless to say that it was a short prayer- On the bright side of things, I'm hoping that gets me out of speaking or saying a prayer in Sacrament Meeting for the foreseeable future :)!
After church, we had an Easter Egg hunt. We had 4 kids age 2 and under so the older kids had to give them a little time on their own, then it was mayhem (note to Easter Bunny: remember that I'm in charge of controling the amount of sugar my kids consume in one day and also I have NO self control,especially when Cadbury Eggs are concerned, so a little less candy PLEASE.) All in all, we had a wonderful day.
3 comments:
This picture turned out really cute
Welcome to the blogging world!
I'm impressed with your Easter picture. There are no chocolate smears on any faces. There are also no Easter clothes, but who needs clothes!
And good job on staging your prayer, albeit unintentional. Anything that will get you out of talks / public prayers is well worth it.
Yeahhh! You've entered the blogging world! This is addicting! I'm glad that I'm not the only one with roudy church goers! :} Oh the happy sound of our children crying!
Post a Comment