

I am so sick of the snow and cold. I know we need the moisture, but I need some SUN! Maybe I will box myself up and have Meg FedEx me to somewhere warm and sunny :)! This morning we woke up to a huge rumble of thunder. It went on for like a full minute- I thought okay maybe just a big rain storm, but then Ben and Ella run in to tell us it is snowing. Ben could hardly control himself and needed to get his snow clothes on and play. Soon he decided there was enough snow to build a snow man. Can you believe it?
Anyway, so we have a plain snowman and you know Robert couldn't leave well enough alone. We needed a face, etc. So I go to get the carrott and candy for eyes and when I return Robert has his can of marking spray paint out. He started spray painting a mouth and buttons. Now if he had stopped there I might have been able to let that go ( okay, probably not because I don't know how to keep my mouth shut.)
But then he starts painting the whole bottom half of the Snowman. Then arms... Then he proceeds to tell Ben not to get near it or it will ruin his coat and snow clothes. Let's think about this, the 6 year old who wants to play in the snow has to avoid the 4ft+ snow man in the center of the yard...Hmm! By this point, I think I better have Ben come in because Robert is all about consequences and I know that Ben will somehow end up with the paint on his coat and I also know that Robert will say something like " I told you to stay away from it- Now you have ruined your coat and you will have to live with it." But I decided that I might teach my oldest child (Robert) a lesson instead.
Long story short, not 10 minutes later Ben is headed in to get a wet paper towel to clean up his coat. I shoot Robert one of those looks and he says to Ben "Mom was right- she's always right!" I yell " Wait, okay my camera is going- Please repeat what you just said."
The snow clothes are now in the washer. Hopefully, Ben's stuff will survive.









3 comments:
I hear ya, I am tired of this stinking cold weather. I want to go to fiji or costa rica with jared
Oh my heck this is the funniest post! I'm still laughing because you described the scene perfectly and I totally envisioned it in my mind. I wish we were still neighbors. :( However I don't wish we lived in the snow! I love living here for that reason alone!
A couple of weeks ago, we drove out of Alpine where it was snowing and several hours later into Danville, CA where we hung out by the pool and got warm all the way through for the first time in months. Are you jealous?
Post a Comment