Thursday, January 22, 2009

Hairy Situation!

Ella loves combing her hair! The other night she took and comb to bed. We took it away but apparently she had another one hiding somewhere. I had been folding laundry and was putting it away after they went to sleep when I noticed Ella....I have no idea how she got this comb so twisted into her hair. Of course, being the concerned mom I am I ran and got the camera. Then I started to loosen the comb. I worked on it for 10 minutes then called to Robert to bring a flashlight so I could see better. Well, that didn't work so I took her to the couch where both Robert and I tried to free the comb... The comb was almost a prisoner forever! I actually almost started to cry because I was scared we would have to cut it out. She started to complain until I told her if we didn't get it out we might have to cut her hair like Ben's!
Well after a good 20 minutes...probably more...the comb was free and the hair was saved! Ella has been banned from taking combs and brushes to bed ;) !

7 comments:

mamasuisse said...

That's too funny! I'm glad you didn't have to chop her hair, although I'm sure she would have looked darling in at hat for a few months. It looks like it was a close call.

Katy said...

oh my gosh, i can't help but giggle a bit.. what an adventure!!! I love that first picture of Ella snoozin away, oblivious to the comb! Glad you got it out!!

angie said...

gteat story. Good job on grabbing the camera! I told Boo that you guys all need to come and stay sometime!

Ashlee said...

Hahaha! I love the pic of her sleeping. That should teach her to comb her hair, right?

Kari said...

How in the WORLD did she do that?! Oh my gosh that is so funny! But poor Ella...I'm so glad you got it out w/out cutting any hair off!

Lisa said...

Wow! How did she manage that? Why oh why do they insist on sneaking things to bed? Miss you guys.

Lisa

The Murdocks said...

I did that in fourth grade on picture day. You know in school after you got your pictures they would give you a comb... well I decided to try and curl mu bangs better by twirling them in the comb. I had to run to the bathroom with my hand covering the comb and try to free it. It didn't turn out so well. I basically had to tear the comb out with all my bangs still attached. I spent the rest of the day at school with my hand covering my new bald bangs. It was terrible. I am glad things turned out better for Ella.