So I have been IM with Ashlee and she has threatened not to post anymore until I get some done... And with her baby coming any time now, I need posts with plenty of pictures!
Christmas came and went in a blur...Santa surprised all the little girls with wiggle racers...I say surprised because at no time did they mention them but Santa decided they were really fun! Grace just kept asking for a baby. So she came out, saw the wiggle racers but started looking around. I handed her a present to open and she was excited for a moment and then looked around some more. After a couple of presents, she finally looked at me and said "Santa didn't bring a baby!" It was so pitiful. I quickly saved the morning by suggesting that the kids open their bigger presents from us. Squeals of excitement finally happened when Grace saw the cradle/stroller/baby combo. The biggest hit with Ben has been the remote controlled Mustang that Uncle Bill and Aunt Robin sent.
This is actually a picture of Felicity opening her doll but the one of Grace was really blurry and I figure that most of you might not have actually known it wasn't Grace if I hadn't told you :)!
This is actually a picture of Felicity opening her doll but the one of Grace was really blurry and I figure that most of you might not have actually known it wasn't Grace if I hadn't told you :)!
Ella had asked for an American Girl doll. I had a lot of help from mom to actually make that happen. Thanks mom she loves it!


Uncle Bill and Aunt Robin I posted these few for you... The kids have really enjoyed the gifts you sent. Grace has named her webkin Chippy and he has gone with us many places and sleeps by her at night!
So as I mentioned before, I had a theory about there not being a lot of snow here because I always miss the big ones. Well, on Christmas Eve the wind started to blow. And we had the biggest blizzard that I have every been in. After we finished a quick breakfast, we threw the kids in Nancy's Tahoe (Thank goodness for 4 wheel drive) and started to go... Robert was really cooking as he went down the driveway so we wouldn't get stuck in the huge drifts. We made it down the driveway but right after we turned onto the road we stopped dead in our tracks. We were REALLY stuck. When Robert opened the door the snow was up to the bottom of the Tahoe's doors. He hiked back up the driveway and got the tractor and dug us out and then he hooked up the chain and pulled us out. I drove back up the driveway and we waited in the car to see if Robert could dig us out enough to get on our way to my mom's in Idaho. We sat there for over an hour (close to 2).
I really wish this picture was better. A neighbor was also digging out and asked if we were trying to go somewhere. Robert said we were trying so he dug a path only wide enough for us to fit through with the mirrors in. This snow drift was HUGE! It was probably close to 6 or 7 feet tall and 150 feet long!
Robert said we were going to try and if it got bad we would turn around. This is what the roads looked like on I-15 in Utah. It was one lane and there were cars off the road all over but Robert just kept going.
This is what the roads were like in Idaho...there were 3-4 foot drifts on the interstate. They closed the road just after we got through. It was so bad that even a snow plow had gone off the road! Well, after a lot of white knuckle driving we made it to my mom's and enjoyed a few days with her, Heather and Ethan.
We had a wonderful Christmas and hope you all did too!









3 comments:
The kids got some awesome stuff for Christmas!!! I can't believe how BIG everyone's getting, especially the twins (I think they'll Always be the age they were at the Farm last summer to me!) Everyone looks SO CUTE and happy!
Wow, glad you guys were safe on the roads, they were TERRIBLE!!!!
Love the snow pack in Wellsville! Now you will have a wonderful ice storm to report about :)
Thank you for the posts. I appreciate it. I think both Bennett and Grace should be banned from Christmas morning since neither one of them understand the concept of being excited for the presents that Santa brings. What kill joys they are!
Post a Comment