I was talking on the phone with Ashlee earlier when I mentioned that Robert was going to start building a pig pen tonight. I could tell by the astonished pause that she was contemplating us raising pigs. Yes, that's right, we are our own version of Green Acres!
When we moved up here, Robert decided that the kids needed something that they were responsible to take care of. You know, teach them the value of hard work. Just how we got to the point that we were going to raise a couple of pigs I'm really not sure of. I think a couple of fish might have been a better place to start but what do I know? I guess we never have learned how to do things in a small way!
Ashlee pointed out that we might want to mention to the kids the fact that they would be consuming the pigs at some point. I was going to mention that to Robert and let him be the mean guy when I walked in late on a conversation that was happening in the kitchen tonight. I only caught Ella informing her dad that she would NOT be eating those pigs!
I have a feeling that this adventure is going to provide me with a lot of interesting blog posts!
To be continued....
Father’s Day Interview Printable Kids Can Fill Out
3 months ago









6 comments:
ok. now that's plain cool. But I'll just have to live vicariously through you....so while you're at it, do you mind to ask Robert if you can have a couple of hens for fresh eggs as well??
I'm with Ella. I will NOT be at your table come Christmas time consuming "Wilbur".
I could not help but laugh out loud over this. I can only imagine what your kids will think about eating their pigs, but I just can not see Robert as the "pig" type either! :) I love to see what you and your family have been up to on your blog! Hope all is well - Tara Taylor Chapple
I too have a feeling this will make for some FUN posts in the future!! I'm excited to see how it all goes (being a Wyoming girl, i don't think raising pigs, sheep, cows, etc. for a responsibility lesson is weird at all!) Keep us updated!
Ashly...chickens are next if we can get a plan for the type of chicken coop Nancy wants to build! (Seriously!)
This is really going to be an adventure considering I am NOT at all an animal person, so being up close and personal with anything like that is not high on my priority list!
Sounds fun! Has the recent Swine flu epidemic change any plans? My kids will enjoy seeing the pigs.
Post a Comment