Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Happenings of Late

Boy, have the last couple of weeks flown by. Robert is now working in Salt Lake (still selling insurance but his company combined with another company and he is working to train and get the new stuff off the ground). Actually, things got really busy yesterday and there is a lot of foward momentum so we are really excited!!! The only downside for now is that we are here in Logan and he has been staying with his sister in Riverton. He leaves on Monday morning and comes home on Friday night. This happened at a busy time anyway so things have been pretty crazy!


BENBen finished his soccer season up. His coach this year was Jennifer. She did amazing things with his team. It was fun to watch their progression and by the end of the year, it was not just a clump on the field but real positions and great teamwork that resulted in success. Ben's coach played soccer in high school and college. She knows what it takes and gave Ben a huge compliment at the end of their season. She told him that if he continues to work as hard as he did this season, he could do anything he wanted to with soccer. She told him she saw real talent. It's nice to hear other people say things that you already think about your kids, but it was especially important for Ben to hear that. He sometimes struggles as all of us do from time to time with his confidence. Robert and I are really proud of him.Ben's class had a few field trips at the end of the year. I have to thank Heather for the long days she put in so I was able to go. This was Ben's third trip to the ice rink and he is getting pretty good. He even talked me into ice skating with him for a while. I think the last time I ice skated was when I was around 10. So needless to say 20 years has not helped my ice skating abilities any. I did get a little more steady by the end but realized that I will never achieve my dreams of figure skating ;) ! After ice skating, we headed to Willow Park where we ate lunch and the kids played for a while. Sometimes its so surreal to watch my kids. They are playing the games that I used to play as a kid and I wonder at times "How did I get here?" I don't feel old enough to have kids this age! We then went to the zoo at Willow Park. It's a small community zoo but just the right size for a small outing.


The day before school ended, the PTA held a field day. I think in a three legged race it helps to work with the person you are tied to!

ELLAHere are a few of the dance pictures from Ella's dance revue. Like I said before, she LOVES to perform and does a great job at it!Ella was so excited that Grandma Julie could be there. Thanks for making the trip Mom!I also got a chance to go with Ella's class on a couple of field trips. One day we went to the American West Heritage Center here in Logan. The kids got to spend some time with the baby animals. Ella enjoyed looking but not getting near. This is a picture of Ella's kindergarten class.Ella, Missi, and Reagan have become good friends. Ella is excited because they all ended up in the same first grade class for next year! What cute girls!This was another activity at field day. Gotta love the cold water coming from the sponge!Ella's class also had a kindergarten celebration. They sang a couple of songs which included an ABC song. It starts out like this, "A your Adorable, B your so Beautiful..." We heard it a lot leading up to the end of school. Felicity has become quite the singer and now I often hear her singing, "A I'm Adorable" over and over again. At the end of the celebration, each child presented Mrs. LaMont with a flower they made. Ella asked to do a flower that Mrs. Lamont could wear in her hair. She picked the colors and the center decoration and I help a little with the hot glue and then we clipped it to a pipe cleaner.

Both of the kids had great teachers this year! They both learned so much and are excited for next year. (Especially Ella who is excited to go ALL day!) I keep thinking that with my little girls starting preschool next year (wow! how time flies) that I will have a little time to work on some projects. After these last two weeks, I now realize I will be more busy than ever! The great thing is that I'm loving every busy moment! Well, most of the time ;) !

4 comments:

Katy said...

Oh my good gravy, your kids are GROWING UP!!! And they're really looking like they know how to have FUN, I love all the pictures! What a fun family you have, I'm excited to see more of what your summer will be!!

Ashlee said...

Cute pic. I especially like the one with Ella and the sponge. It made me laugh

angie said...

Looks like a lot of fun! Let me know when you are down our way!

Anonymous said...

Hey Michelle... I am not sure if you remember us but I married Ben Hall... my name is Barbie and Ben is Martha's nephew on the Edgren side... Anyway I saw your blog and Ben wanted to make sure that I said hi to you guys! We just thought we would say hello and tell you your family is Beautiful! Tell Boo hello for us too! Talk soon!