Monday, August 10, 2009

Help! I have a deal problem!

No, seriously!!! A blog post by my sister got me thinking about the stores that get my money. As I started to think about it, the more concerned I got...

Oh, how I have a love-hate relationship with the marketing people at Gymboree. First, those blasted gymbucks and then a big back to school sale that I can also use a 30% off coupon for and then with that purchase I have more gymbucks that I will feel compelled to use in October!I have renewed my subscription for my 5 (yes, you read that right) Sunday papers to get my stockpile of coupons built up. I was saving SO MUCH money last winter while building up my stockpiles and I know there are some GOOD sales coming up!Then the dreaded W store! I curse the people who built a new one on the south end of Cache Valley. Now the 20 minutes to Walmart doesn't seem too bad and I find myself walking out with all kinds of "Deals"!Last week, my sister in law called me and asked if I had heard about the jean sale going on at GAP. Well, let's just say that since I happened to be in the car and only needed to go 10 minutes out of my way to the nearest GAP, I (well, my kids to be exact) am now the proud owner of 5 new pairs of jeans. Then to top it off, this morning I checked my email to find a 25% off coupon that I could combine with that deal and I am currently resisting the urge to hit the "place order" button that would bring 4 more pairs of jeans to my door. (I mean you can never have enough 'good deal' jeans especially, when my kids seem to kill the knees in 10 seconds flat!)Well, you get the picture. Basically, anywhere that has deal and then if I have coupons to make the deal sweeter, forget about it. I have been getting some GREAT deals for back to school and we have to eat. Right? The bottom line is I'm a sucker for a good deal. Here's the big place where my competitive nature comes out. I love to see just how good of a deal I can get and have a 'Can you top this story?'. Well, can you?

Note: Robert doesn't read my blog regularly so please don't tip him off to my problem. I take care of all the bills and in this case ignorance IS bliss. I'm scared I will have my credit card and computer privileges revoked ;) !

4 comments:

Katy said...

SMILES!!!

Oh how i'd LOVE to be able to top your story (but I believe that's all part n' partial about being a Mama of 4 kids who can't walk around pantless anymore (oh what will i do when that day comes?) So, spend away and rest knowing that at least CPS won't be knocking down your door because your kid went to school without their britches!

Ashly said...

This post cracked me up! And I definitely can not top that story. I'm one of those who clip coupons and then use them to hold my chewed gum. not very effective that way.

loved getting to see you and your cute kiddos this summer! if you're ever out this way, KY is a *Great* place to visit and we'd love to have you!

angie said...

Good job, Michelle! A good deal is always a fun thing. I need to be a little more proactive and find those good deals. I seem to hear about them after the fact. :(

Ashlee said...

I'm very close to organizing an intervention for you!