So I still need to download pictures but I thought while I was here, I would give a brief recap of summer so far. (Mostly so I don't forget all the things I want to blog about as soon as the kids go back to school!)
Ben turned 8 this June! I can't believe it! His baptism was on the 4th of July. I was excited when we found out they were going to go ahead and do it that day. It is by far my favorite holiday and I found it so fitting that he get baptized on a holiday that celebrates our nations independence and allows us the right to practice whatever religion we choose.
Ashlee and her kids came up to visit. We had an adventure trying to get 8 little ones to sit still for pictures. It was good to see them all and can't wait until October when they come again!
We had swimming lessons, golf camp, and more swimming lessons that kept us very busy. My kids have been to the pool daily except on weekends for the whole month of July. They are all doing well and I love the time to watch all 4 swim while I work on my tan! (Which can I just say I don't think its been this good since before I had kids!) Its times like those when I am so glad they are close in age.
We have been surviving the summer without Robert around. It stinks to only see him on the weekends. Saturday and Sunday have never gone so fast! He is crazy busy at work which we are soooo grateful for but I can't wait until things get settled a little more so we can make decisions on where to be.
We have also had some adventure! One particular close encounter of the snake kind! That will definitely get a post of it's own! We also got to go to Bear Lake, where we were greeted with a freak storm as soon as we were out on the boat. That too deserves a post of its own but I will just say there was a battle between the lake and the boat and the lake won! I took my fair share of a beating from the boat but nothing was a match for the lake on Friday.
We just returned from Idaho where we got a chance to see my family from the East coast who flew in for the weekend! It was so good to spend some time with them and I can't wait to see them again.
We are now looking forward to finishing school shopping and trying to make the most of what's left of the summer. It has really flown by!
Father’s Day Interview Printable Kids Can Fill Out
3 months ago









1 comment:
Busy summer!!! I saw the picture of your boat... ohmygosh, total catastrophe!!!! and yes, it Does deserve it's own post! :)
Summer HAS flown by, can't wait to see the pics!
Post a Comment