Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Wal-Mart






Okay, so I have read other stories on blogs involving Wal-mart. I thought I would add my own. I have to say there's nothing like other shoppers in Wal-mart to make you feel like you have completely failed as a parent.

I went up to my mom's for Memorial Weekend. We got off to a late start leaving and so by the time we got there, my little girls had had enough! Well, we needed to go to Wal-mart to retrieve some needed items for the weekend. We pack Grace and Felicity into the store and tell them they have to sit in the carts. Now since I'm usually alone, one or both of them just sits in the basket. Well, they couldn't decide where they were going to sit and so we finally made the decision for them. I went to put Felicity into my cart and she said "No, Grandma" So, I put her in my mom's cart and buckle her in. Well, that did it. As I have mentioned before, my children are not quiet and boy can they SCREAM. She started in but I was really hoping that she would just realize that the screaming would get her nowhere. I took Grace in my cart and tried to hurry and get a few items. My mom had gone the other way in our attempt to hurry. Well, let's just say that Felicity is mighty stubborn. Soon everyone in the grocery section knew we were in Wal-mart. We were surrounded with people staring and a few who thought they would put their 2 cents in. Finally, an older lady comes up to my mom and told her she had so much patience and gave me a look "like what have you raised." So I grab Felicity out of the cart and throw the items in my cart into my mom's basket and take the twins to the car-

(the offender immediately following the incident)


So after my mom finishes the shopping, she comes out and tells me how multiple people came up to her after I left and said things to her and put their opinions on how they would have handled the situation with their own child. Are my children the only ones to have a meltdown in the store? Probably! Oh well- maybe we won't shop until they are all adults.


(one of the innocent by-standers)

2 comments:

The Murdocks said...

Trust me for Wesley having a melt down in the store is a daily occurance. I can't think of the last time I went to the store and he didn't cry. I just ignore everyone, I love when they make comments, I have gotten everything from the dirty looks, to "can I help you", "please, can I hold your baby while you finish shopping", to "Don't worry we have all been there, and if anyone says anything it is because they don't remember thier own children doing that" Well at least most people are nice about it. (And NO, you can't hold my baby, I don't even know you.)

Ashlee said...

Yes, you are the only one who has kids that have melt downs. You know my perfect little angel would NEVER throw a tantrum. I just wonder what it would be like to have to deal with something like that. Guess I'll never know.